Permissions Required: Prompt Admin or User Admin
User permissions are higher-level functions that can be assigned to users such as managing documents, managing the organisation and approving documents. They are assigned to users at a specific location in an Organisation, those locations being Departments, Sections and even at the Organisation level. When you assign a permission at a given level, the user will have the same permission in all levels below that location. The hierarchy is Organsiation > Department > Section.
User Permissions Description
- Document Owner - The Document Owner is the person responsible for all documents in a given location. They will receive email notifications and alerts for document updates of that location. Note: Currently only one Document Owner can be added to each location.
- System Administrator - Grants access to manage organisation and system settings in Prompt..
- User Administrator - Grants access to manage users in an organisation.
- Requisition Approver - If the requisition process is enabled in your organisation, this user will be able to approve all requests for the organisation.
- Clinical Requisition Approver - If the requisition process is enabled in your organisation, this user will be able to approve all clinical requests for the organisation.
- Non -Clinical Requisition Approver - If the requisition process is enabled in your organisation, this user will be able to approve all non-clinical requests for the organisation.
- Document Author - Grants permissions to add, check-in, check-out, disable and copy documents at a given location.
- Approver - Approval roles are customised at the Approval Process page for each organisation, users with a given approval role will be able to Approve or Reject documents at a given location.
- Executive Sponsor - Executive Sponsors are a special approval role, once they are set up in the Document Tags tab, an Executive Sponsor may be tagged to a document, and if it is part of the section approval process it will require the approval of this user to become live in Prompt.
Assigning User Permissions
To set up user permissions, go to Admin -> User Permissions.
A list of all departments and existing permissions for your organisation will be displayed. When selecting a department a list of all it's child sections and their assigned user permissions will be displayed.
To return to the Departments list, select the View All link next to the word 'Departments'.
You may also navigate through your organisation, departments and sections by clicking on the tree on the left of the screen.
To assign a permission to a user select Add Users in the organisation hierarchy at the desired location.
Note: When you assign a permission in a given level, that user will have the same permission in all levels below that location. The hierarchy is Organisation -> Department -> Section.
A new window will open, where a list of users from your organisation will be displayed. You may search for individual users in the search bar. Once you find the desired user, click on the user name to proceed.
From this page you may assign all required permissions to the selected user, once completed click Submit to confirm.
If you selected the wrong user in error, the Cancel button near the submit button will take you back to the user search page.
To abort the operation select the external Cancel button to close the current window.
Once confirmed you will see the user name along with assigned permissions in brackets.
Edit User Permissions
To edit user permissions, go to Admin -> User Permissions.
Select the user you wish to edit permissions by clicking on the user name.
Note: the Edit button will take you to the user profile page where it is not possible to edit its permissions.
The user permissions window will open where you will be able to edit all of the selected user permissions. Select Submit to complete.
Note: If you disable all permissions, you are performing the same action as the Delete button and the user will be removed from the user permissions list.
Remove User Permissions
To remove user permissions, go to Admin -> User Permissions.
Select the user you wish to remove permissions by clicking on the user name.
Note: the Edit button will take you to the user profile page where it is not possible to edit user permissions.
The user permissions window will open. Select Delete to remove all permissions.
The user will have all permissions revoked and will be removed from the user permissions list.
See also: How to set up a new general user